Prince Edward School
Prince Edward School is a government-owned boys' high school in Harare. It is the second-oldest school in Zimbabwe having been founded in 1898.
Prince Edward was ranked 6th out of the top 100 best high schools in Africa by Africa Almanac in 2003. In 2013 the school was placed sixth in the top 100 list of best secondary schools in Africa according to the African Economist Magazine.
The school has an enrolment of around 1200 boys and its sister school is Girls High school. A staff complement of over 100 serves the school.
The school competes against Allan Wilson High, St. John's College, Peterhouse, St. George's College, Oriel Boys' High, Churchill Boys High and Cranborne High.
The school is an ICDL center.
Prince Edward Admissions
Form 1- 6 enrolment at Prince Edward School
Prospective students must apply in writing. The letter of application consists of the following:
- Residential address, proof of residence in the form of original rates, lease agreement, telephone and original bills.
- Name of boy‘s junior school/transfer letter if on transfer.
- Name/s of siblings/father/grandfather who attend/attended Prince Edward School (if any did so).
- If applying for Form One enclose a copy of boy’s Grade 7 results/latest school report OR if applying for a form higher than Form I, enclose a copy of boy’s latest school report.
- Certified copy of boy’s birth certificate.
- ZIMSEC Grade 7 Result Slip to be stamped by your Primary School Head. CUT-OFF 12 POINTS
- Parents must afford fees that are required by Prince Edward School both at Government and levy levels. Please include contact details in your application.
Admission forms will be made available by the school to the candidates who would have passed the interviews.
Prince Edward School Fees
|Government fees||US$ 60.00|
|Boarding Fees||US$ 600.00|
|Boarding Levy||US$ 150.00|
|Tuition Levy||US$ 450.00|
According to this table on the school's website, Prince Edward day scholars pay US$510 while boarders pay US$1260.
However, in 2020 the school was reportedly charging ZWL6 000 (around US$300) for day scholars before the COVID lockdown. Later in the year, the school was said to be charging US$341 for examination classes that had to attend lessons for the two months before writing their exams.
The current 2021 fees for Prince Edward school are not available. If you know them you can let us know in the comments below or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prince Edward Pass Rate
The school produces average results in the public examinations and rarely makes it to the top 100 schools in Zimbabwe.
Prince Edward Uniform
Prince Edward School Contact Details
Tel: 0242 792240, 0242 790355, 0242 792344
5 thoughts on “Prince Edward School”
I woul d like to ask if you have the space for grade 1 next year 2022
I have found the information use and want my son to attend in 2022
How much boarding fees 2022 at Prince Edward
How much fees for 2023 form 1day scholar?
How much boarding fees for 2023