As a collaboration between Huza Press and the Goethe Institut Kigali, we are announcing a four-week writers’ residency in Kigali (Rwanda) in September 2021. The purpose of this residency is to support writers as they complete or make significant advances with a work-in-progress novel manuscript.
We are particularly passionate about literature as a space for opening up conversations about gender, its modes of construction, histories, representation and relationality to power: the theme of this residency is therefore writing gender.
Requirements For The Goethe Institute Writers Residency 2021 for Young African Writers
- Writers over 18 years old.
- Writers from African countries (except Rwanda) and German-speaking countries.
- Writers who have at least one published text, either with a publisher, in a literary magazine or in a newspaper. Self-published work will not be considered.
- Writers working on a novel (fiction) manuscript that explores gender and its constructions.
- Writers who are available for four weeks in September 2021.
- This writers’ residency will be awarded jointly to two writers: one writer based in Africa and one German-speaking writer. Both writers will stay in Kigali for four weeks.
- During their stay, the writers will have space to work on their writing, have literary exchange with each other and introduce their writing to a local audience.
- Transportation costs (a return economy flight ticket from home to Kigali) and visa fees will be covered.
- Accommodation during the four-week stay will be provided.
- Each writer will receive a grant of 2000 Euro for the residency period (inclusive of a per diem and private transport) paid in place in two instalments.
- Working languages for 2021 are English and German.
See More Opportunities
APPLICATION DOCUMENTS TO PROVIDE:
- Letter of motivation documenting your writing career, a proposed writing plan for the residency and the reasons for your application (max. 2 pages, in English).
- Description of the novel to be developed during your residency and its connection to ideas of writing gender.
- Work sample from the novel that you want to work on during your residency (3000-4000 words) and one other published text.
- Curriculum Vitae/Full biography (max. 2pages, in English).
- All documents must be sent as one PDF.
APPLICATION DEADLINE For The Goethe Institute Writers Residency 2021
Wednesday, 16th May 2021 (23:59 GMT +0)
The application shall be sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Goethe Institute residency writing Gender
See more scholarships & opportunities here
Join Our Facebook Group & Interact With Other Parents
Parents review the boarding schools and share their experiences including the school environment, fees, discipline etc.The aim is to help each other make informed decisions through discussions & interactive feedback.
We are looking for guest writers
We are looking for guest writers who have any material on the education sector in Zimbabwe e.g career guidance, opinion pieces etc.