Application Deadline: June 1st 2021
Each year, IWF invests in making women stronger, smarter and more influential through its Fellows Program, a year-long, intensive leadership development experience. The Fellows Program was launched in 1994 with seed-funding from the U.S. Labor Department as a direct result of the Glass Ceiling Commission and annually convenes approximately 35 Fellows from around the world for a total of 20 days. Featuring academic partnerships with Harvard Business School and INSEAD, the program offers customized leadership training for high-achieving women leaders on their path to the C-suite. The approach is holistic and focused on the participant’s personal and professional development, career path, and trajectory while embracing the value of an outside perspective.
IWF organizes programming and professional development opportunities to share knowledge and discuss solutions on current
business challenges, diversity, gender equality and other global topics.
• IWF believes that the intractable challenges we face can only be solved if women attain their equal place and status – if women share their diverse perspectives, contribute different styles of leadership and present new solutions only they can develop.
• IWF believes the potential for women is unlimited and opportunities should be, as well.
• IWF believes an investment in women is an investment in the future.
• IWF believes in transferring knowledge and momentum to the leaders of tomorrow to improve our world – to energize, demand and accelerate the imperative of change
Each year, IWF selects a geographically, culturally, ethnically and professionally diverse group of women. IWF seeks candidates that demonstrate the following:
• Considered change agents within their organization and community
• Possess the ambition to push to the highest levels of their career and the desire to lift as they rise with regard to legacy and mentoring
• Substantive professional/work experience and significant direct accomplishments
• Strength of character, motivation and commitment to goals
• Superior intellectual ability, as evidenced by academic history and distinctions, and recommendations
• Have the capacity to both contribute to and gain from the Fellows Program
• Intention to participate fully in all activities and training components associated with the Fellows Program, as well as a commitment to the Legacy Project
See More Opportunities Here
The program convenes approximately 35 Fellows from around the world for a total of 20 days, comprised of three separate sessions. It is executed in partnership with INSEAD and Harvard Business School. The Fellows Program offers creative, multidisciplinary training aimed at developing leadership and strategic management capabilities.
In addition to leadership training, Fellows are matched with an IWF member who serves as a mentor during the program year. Through the mentoring experience, participants gather personal insights and advice from women at the top of their field. Fellows also take part in IWF’s annual World Leadership Conference, which brings together 850+ women executives
from more than 40 nations.
To amplify the impact of the program, Fellows are responsible for implementing a Legacy Project that applies the skills learned in a relevant way. Previous Legacy Projects include a career conference series aimed at female university students in Mexico, a breakfast roundtable for women in the U.S. military in Washington, D.C., and mentoring circles to foster a pipeline of women leaders in the aviation industry.
The 2021-2022 Fellows Program is moving forward as planned with applications due by June 1, 2021. We expect the program modules, with the exception of the IWF World Leadership Conference, to take place in person unless challenges associated with COVID-19 remain and CDC guidelines recommend otherwise. Below is the planned module schedule:
September 29-October 1, 2021
2021-2022 Fellows Program Launch in Washington, DC.
November 3-5, 2021
IWF Virtual World Leadership Conference.
February 28 – March 3, 2022
INSEAD Executive Education Module in Fontainebleau, France.
June 6-11, 2022
Harvard Business School Executive Education Module in Cambridge, MA.
For More Information: