Falcon College is an elite private boarding school located in Esigodini, Matabeleland South Province. The school, which was founded in 1954, caters for boys and girls aged 12–18.
Falcon offers the Cambridge curriculum at Checkpoint, IGCSE, AS and A Level and the school is dynamically embarking on modern teaching and coaching techniques, with electronic media being used in every classroom equipped with Wi-Fi.
The school also offers some HEXCO and City and Guild’s subjects, on occasion. The school prides itself in having small classes of not more than 26 students and sometimes as few as 6 students.
Falcon is an ICDL center offering certification to its students.
Falcon College Pass Rate
The school does well in public examinations. In 2013 the school had an 86% pass rate at IGCSE Level, 89% at AS Level and 86% at A-Level. There were 10 subjects in which 90% and above pass rate was attained.
Falcon College Application Process
- Download the application form Falcon College – Entrance Application Form for boys and girls as at June 2020
- Complete and return to email@example.com or the Harare or Bulawayo offices along with:
- ZWL600.00 for parents within Zimbabwe and US$ 10 for parents outside Zimbabwe. This is the processing and registration fee
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate
- A passport size colour photo
- A list of your child’s academic, sporting and/or cultural achievements
- For applications for Form 2 and above the school requests a copy of your child’s most recent school report.
You will receive an email and Form A (Intent to write the CHISZ Common Entrance Exams) to complete and return to us within a specified time frame. This email will include details of the entrance exam centres, timings and what to bring/wear on the day.
Two weeks after the entrance exam, notification is sent out advising whether your child has been offered a place. You will be given a specified time within which the Acceptance of Place Fee must be paid and requisite forms completed and returned to the College.
Entrance exams are traditionally held on the first Saturday in July for the following year’s Form One intake. The school offers exam centres in Harare, Falcon College, Chiredzi, Victoria Falls, Botswana and Zambia.
Falcon College Fees
Falcon is an elite school and as such its fees are on the high side. In December 2019 the school was charging ZWL60 000 which was equivalent to about US$3000.
Falcon College Contact Details