Deadline: June 30, 2021
Are you a changemaker making an impact in your community? Would like to have your voice heard and speak to issues that affect you as a young person in your country or region and globally? Would you like to get mentored by former heads of states, Nobel peace prize laureates and other inspiring Global Leaders?
Apply now for the inaugural Ubuntu Leaders Academy – Ubuntu United Nations Training 2021.
Under the Patronage of His Excellency Mr Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa, the President of the Republic of Portugal, with the support of the UN Secretary-General Mr António Guterres and facilitated with certification from IPAV, an European Institute, the Ubuntu Leaders Academy UUN is a training and dialogue platform that seeks to bring changemakers across the world to speak on issues affecting them, to learn and share ideas with world leaders such as Nobel Peace Prize Laureates, Former Heads of State and other global leaders through Intergenerational dialogue.
The Ubuntu United Nations will bring together 3 young people from each country of the 193 countries that are represented at the United Nations.
Program Details For The Ubuntu Leaders Academy 2021
The Ubuntu United Nations will create a platform for the youth to acquire knowledge and skills to engage with peers and Global Leaders, learning from exemplary leaders such as Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi and Desmond Tutu among others.
The Ubuntu United Nations training will be for 25 hours over 5 themed sessions conducted online, between October 24, 2021, and December 19, 2021, participation is free of charge.
During the training sessions ULA UUN in collaboration with Club de Madrid’s “Shared Societies” project, young people will also add their voices to Global Issues including:
- Peace and Reconciliation;
- Gender Equality;
- Poverty and Social Exclusion;
- Intercultural/ Interfaith Dialogue;
- Environmental crisis.
Benefits Of The Ubuntu Leaders Academy 2021
- The Ubuntu Leaders Academy and the Ubuntu Global Network will award a certificate of participation at the end of the training program, to all participants who have fully attended the sessions and complied with the regulations of the Ubuntu United Nations (1st edition).
- Open to young leaders aged between 18-35 from across the world;
- English language proficiency is essential;
- Full attendance is an essential requirement.
Application For The Ubuntu Leaders Academy 2021
In the application form you need to:
- Attach one photo of yourself.
- Share a YouTube link containing a 3-minute video (max), in English, introducing yourself and letting them know about your motivation to attend the Ubuntu training.
For more information, visit ULA-UUN.