Chisipite Senior School
Use Table Of Contents To Jump To Any Section
Chsipite Senior school is an elite, private, girls-only school located in Harare. The non-selective school encourages students are encouraged to pursue the interests and academic pathway that suits them best. The school was opened in 1954 to cater for students who had finished their primary education at Chisipite Junior School.
‘Chisi' as it is affectionately known, enrols girls aged 12-18. Chisipite school life is centred around the Servant Leadership System where each pupil in their final year has the opportunity to serve the school community in a varying array of leadership roles, acquired through an application process.
Around 750 Day and boarding pupils are enrolled at the school guided by around 75 academic staff. French is a compulsory subject at the school.
Chisipite Senior School was ranked 67th out of the top 100 best high schools in Africa by Africa Almanac in 2003, based upon the quality of education, student engagement, strength and activities of alumnae, school profile, internet and news visibility.
As a leading Zimbabwean independent school, the school focuses on providing girls with an all-round education which will ensure that they have the best possible opportunities when they move on to the next stage in their lives.
The school attains great results in the Cambridge international exams.
The school accepts students from form 1-5. To apply you must fill in this application form. You must complete the form and submit it to the school. Emailed or faxed application forms will not be accepted.
Admission into Form 1 at Chisipite Senior school is dependent upon the following:
- Satisfactory performance in the CHISZ Common Entrance Exam (written on the first Saturday of July of the applicants' Grade 7th year). Thereafter selection for available places is on merit.
- A latest and satisfactory junior school report from the Head.
The deadline for applications is the end of April in the applicant’s Grade 7 year.
Applicants are required to register their daughter at the beginning of Grade 6 to be invited to the Open Day later in that year.
Harare residents will not be accepted into Boarding unless exceptional circumstances exist and this is at the discretion of the Headmistress.
Form 2, 3 and 4
Admission into Form 2, 3 or 4 is dependent upon the following:
- French is compulsory and a sufficient level of the language must be understood
- A satisfactory report from the Head of the applicant’s current school
- Satisfactory performance of any relevant internal school exams.
Lower 6th (Form 5)
Admission into Lower 6th/ A Level at Chisipite Senior school is dependent upon:
- Satisfactory performance at IGCSE O Level (applicants should have a minimum of 6A grade passes)
- Availability in the subjects selected
Once the application has been approved a non-refundable Acceptance Fee equivalent to one term’s fee is required to secure the place.
A term's notice must be given in writing if a pupil is to be withdrawn from the school. This does not apply when a pupil’s continued stay at the school depends on Public Examination results
The application should include the following:
- A completed application form;
- US$50 Registration Fee (non-refundable)
- A copy of the applicant’s birth certificate
- A copy of the applicant’s most recent school report; and
- A recent passport size colour photograph of the applicant
For enquiries email email@example.com
Chisi Senior is an elite high school and as such its school and boarding fees and on the high end. Its current 2020-2021fees are not available. However, the last known fees charged by the school were as follows:
US$2,690.00 for day students and US$4,560.00 for boarding students. This should give you an idea of the current fees levels.
You can see the current prices of the Chisipite Senior uniforms here.
See the school on Google Maps.